Trade Show TalesBlog

Jennifer Sutton, Our Newest Project Manager

Adding an “outside” project manager to the Customer Service Department at Classic Exhibits is rare. It’s been five years. There’s very little turnover in Customer Service, and recent PM’s have been promoted from within (Jeff Garrett and Cynthia Geddis for example).  Even then, we keep them under wraps for 3-4 months until they’ve lost all hope of escaping.

We’re making an exception with Jen Sutton, our newest project manager (jsutton@classicexhibits.com). Jen started in early May and has already proven to be a smart hire. Those distributors who have worked with her will agree. While she’s not quite ready for a custom 30 x 30 island, she can handle just about anything else with a little guidance from the C.S., Design, and Production teams. Jen was kind enough to provide us with her bio.

Jennifer Sutton

Jennifer Sutton

I come to Classic Exhibits with a diverse background in project management, environmental science, and education. With varied experiences ranging from public relations for a major network to teaching high school science at a boarding school, my professional skills coincide with my love of project management, which has led me to join Classic Exhibits in the Customer Service Department. Professionally, I thrive on the organizational aspects of keeping track of details and tasks related to projects, while also enjoying the interpersonal aspects of the job.

During my short time with Classic Exhibits, I have jumped head first into learning every aspect of the exhibit design business, from 3-D modeling to extrusion profiles, and while some may find it bizarre, I actually enjoy the detailing required for writing quotes and orders.

Relatively new to Oregon, I moved from Southern California to the Portland area two years ago. An interesting fact, I have lived in eight states and been in 36 of the 50 states. In my free time, I enjoy snowboarding, tennis, camping, hiking, movies, cooking, and the creativity of the beer and wine industries in the Pacific Northwest.

Whether it is writing a quote, drawing a 3-D display, or answering questions, I am here to help you!

Welcome Jen. We’re VERY glad you decided to join Classic Exhibits. For a more extensive bio, see her LinkedIn profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=101808301&locale=en_US&trk=tyah2

–Mel White
http://www.linkedin.com/in/melmwhite
mel@classicexhibits.com

**********************************************

Based in Portland, Oregon, Classic Exhibits Inc. designs and manufacturers portable, modular, and custom-hybrid exhibit solutions. Classic Exhibits products are represented by an extensive distributor network in North America and in select International markets. For more information, contact us at 866-652-2100 or www.classicexhibits.com.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

2 Responses to “Jennifer Sutton, Our Newest Project Manager”

1. Reid says:

Welcome aboard. You and I have a lot in common. Both given to details and organization.

When you get to Newaygo, give me a holler. I know this great little saloon that has bud light and PBR on tap!!

You will have a great time. Congratulations!!

2. Mel says:

Does anyone else find it odd that Reid’s comment about “details and organization” led immediately into “I know this great little saloon.”