The E2MA (Exhibit and Event Marketers Association) has spent two years on a study that presents factual data about the rising costs of exclusive services provided by General Service Contractors (GSC). We’ve all “known this,” but now there’s a summary of actual facts and data that makes it real. No trend jeopardizes the full recovery and future of the trade show industry more than this.
Please take a few minutes to download and review. Share, share, share with anyone and everyone who has a vested interest in trade shows and trade show marketing.
Successful Meetings summarized the findings and recommendations in the online article: E2MA: Trade Show Organizers Must Negotiate Lower Costs for Exhibitors.
“In response to its findings, E2MA has recommended a course of action that’s based on full disclosure and better control of costs. For instance, it advocates “game changers” such as bringing general contracting in house and eliminating exclusive show services, as well as the following “simple” solutions:
- Disclosing all show management rebates and discounts to exhibitors;
- Understanding what exhibitors are paying, identifying pain points and negotiating on their behalf;
- Providing all costs up front in the exhibitor prospectus;
- Simplifying show rates and rules; and
- Eliminating the practice of discounting exclusive services and combining with other non-exclusive services.”
Based in Portland, Oregon, Classic Exhibits Inc. designs and manufacturers portable, modular, and custom-hybrid exhibit solutions. Classic Exhibits products are represented by an extensive distributor network in North America and in select International markets. For more information, contact us at 866-652-2100 or www.classicexhibits.com.